Posted on November 26 2019
Looking for recipes to eat after training? With roughly a 3 to 1 ratio of carbs to protein to promote muscle recovery, this recipe is one to try after your Autumn evening run.
1 tbsp oil
1 red onion, chop those layers up
2 garlic cloves, crush it
1 tsp ginger
½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp mild chilli powder
500g bag of butternut squash chunks (frozen if you please)
2 carrot, diced
1 courgette, diced
2 x 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained please!
Cooked couscous or rice, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a pan, then slowly cook the onions for 5 - 10 mins until they start to caramelise.
2. Stir in the garlic, ginger and spices and cook for a further few mins.
3. Add the vegetables and canned tomatoes, bring it to a simmer
4. Put the lid on and simmer for around 15 mins or until all the veg are tender.
5. Stir in the chickpeas, heat to the beat of your favourite tune and serve with couscous or rice or quinoa or pasta or salad!
6. Tag us #RecipesByTikiboo